10 August 2012

Russian Summer 2012


Despite the fact that we did not visit my homeland this summer, this July we probably came close to covering as many miles as those years when I was in the U.S. on“home assignment.” We were on the coast of the Black Sea and the Sea of Japan, the banks of the rivers Angara and Ob. My mind is still filled with many and various impressions; in my next few posts, I'll share some of them with you. For now - a few pictures.

The places we visited (all near Russia's southern border) are marked with green.

Our "dacha" near the Black Sea (Abrau-Durso)

Abrau lake with an Orthodox church in the background

My wife Natasha took this picture and shared the following insight: 
"Do not lean!" (written on the train door window) is not only good advice
for using public transport, it is also an appropriate reminder to take care
of the ecological wonder that is Lake Baikal.

Reflecting in Irkutsk

Vladivostok's new suspension bridge disappearing into the fog.

On the Sea of Japan south of Vladivostok



No comments: